Sunday, February 13, 2011

Australian Alps

December 2010, approaching the height of summer in Australia but 200km north-east of Melbourne in the Australian Alps ( a bigger area of snow in winter than covers Switzerland I am told) it is not at all hot. The chalet by the creek is in a great spot but you can see from the umbrella what the weather was like.


Good weather for hiking and this is the Eurobin falls. The water cascades down from Mt Buffalo (1723m) which is a huge flat toppoed slab of granite that can be seen from miles around.
The other chalet near the top of Mt Buffalois not open for business these days, it was quite spooky wandering around, reminded me of the Overlook Hotel - even though I know many scenes were filmed in Borehamwood, Herts!

Somebody left a piece of granite lying around. I asked Trish to move it out of my frame.



No comments: